PROTECT YOUR CHILD THIS RAINY SEASON!
RAINY SEASON TIPS FOR PARENTS:
Rainy Season Tips for Parents: While kids welcome this school year with a smile and excitement we parents feel very apprehensive for it marks the start of the rainy season. The weather here in our country has been so unpredictable in recent years that’s why we need to be alert all the time and equip our kids with the basic needs to keep them safe from any diseases or disorders.
HERE ARE FEW TIPS ON HOW WE CAN EFFECTIVELY PROTECT OUR KIDS DURING RAINY SEASON
(Rainy Season Tips for Parents)
1. Umbrella and Raincoat – Invest in a good quality umbrella and raincoat!
There are plenty of cheap umbrellas and raincoats around the market (made from low-quality materials) better choose the one with good quality materials even if the price is a little expensive. Poor materials surely won’t last and won’t survive in this type of season. Higher quality items often last longer and save you money in the long run.
Always make sure that your child has umbrella and raincoat inside his bag! Investing in rain boots or good quality rubber shoes is also advisable to protect your child’s feet from getting wet.
2. Handkerchief or Small Face Towel – Let your child bring hanky every time he comes to school, he can use it to dry off his hands and face if wet or dirty.
3. Jacket – Always have your child wear or bring a jacket to make him feel comfortable during cold weather and to keep him away from a cough and cold.
4. Pack a Healthy Snack – Always prepare a healthy snack (or lunch) so your child won’t bother to go out the classroom to buy food & drink especially when raining. Also, it’s better if you can prepare extra snacks so he won’t starve when in an emergency situation like being stranded in school while waiting for you to fetch him.
RAINY SEASON TIPS FOR PARENTS: / IMPORTANT REMINDERS :
1. Some schools require parents to bring kid’s hygiene kit. If the teacher does not require you to bring any, you may talk to the teacher and ask if you can leave a hygiene kit for your child (so they don’t need to bring it every day). This will be very useful most especially during rainy season, your child can change his clothes immediately when needed to prevent him from catching a cold and flu.
(Hygiene kit can be composed of an extra pair of clothes, hanky, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, powder cologne, soap etc.,)
2. Make sure you know the contact information of the school and the teacher to monitor your child especially during rainy season.
3. Make sure you are updated with the news most especially about weather conditions.
4. Always remind your child about the hazards of getting wet in the rain.
5. Give your child multivitamins especially vitamin C to boost his immune system in fighting common cold and other viruses.
6. Make sure to bathe your child after getting wet in the rain. A sudden drop in body temperature can develop diseases so bathing (lukewarm water) is really good to help the body back to its normal temperature and to keep your child clean as well.
7. Clean your surroundings! Stagnant water and moist area are the breeding ground for deadly mosquitoes!
RAINY SEASON TIPS FOR PARENTS:
Image from roshnipaulsoulsearches||